Quatre Heure: May 2022
If the pandemic has taught us anything about mundane routine and the effects of it, we may have already realized how important it can be to just shake it up sometimes.
This has truly felt like the longest winter of my entire life. It has dragged on and felt slightly hopeless. I mean, it's hard not to when its still 30 degrees in April.
Whenever I start to feel a little overwhelmed by the routines to the point where all my days jumble together, I know it's time to do something about it.
Here are a few things I'll do when I get stuck:
- Move around furniture in our space
- Paint a wall
- Empty my closet/drawers/storage areas
- Switch out some art prints hanging on the walls
- Work from a different room (either at home or in person where it's safe!)
- Explore somewhere new in my area
- Take the day and go to a museum/park/restaurant by myself
- The best yet: take a trip when you can!
We recently took a trip and I cannot tell you how revived I feel! Consistent sunshine, minimal adult responsibilities, unpredictability of my day--- WOW did it do the soul some good.
I hope you can sense when things start to feel blurred together so that you can mix it up for yourself and WAKE BACK UP.
Here's what's happenin' in my corner of the world...
What I'm reading:
Currently: Burnout by the Nagoski sisters, Circling the Sun (Paula Maclain)
Finished: The Last Days of John Lennon (audio), Atlas of the Heart (audio)
For more book goodness from yours truly, hang out with me on Goodreads.
What I'm watching:
Now Watching: Anatomy of a Scandal (Netflix)
Just Finished: The Last Kingdom (Final season on Netflix), Death on the Nile, The Highwaymen, The Guilded Age (HBO)
What I'm listening to:
Podcasts: Unlocking Us-- loved this recommended episode called "A Body Is Not An Apology"--- powerful stuff, ladies.
Music: Was road trip singing to this playlist last month! 2000's R + B.
Link I love:
- For the curious: I launched my Patreon page called, The Drawing Room! Jam packed with all the extra art lovin' fun you can imagine with me, for only $5.
- For the artists: I highly encourage you to take classes that interest you! I took an awesome sketchbook class with my friend Jill Kittock and it gave me a little boost I needed!
- For the travelers: we snagged some random cheap flights to Vegas last week and saw the Beatles Cirque De Soleil show-- childhood dreams come true!
Until next month,
P.S.- For more goodies delivered to your inbox monthly, don't forget to join my newsletter list!